Newsday's Al Iannazzone takes you inside the Knicks.
Steve Novak, James White selected for All-Star Weekend
The Knicks already were going to be well-represented at All-Star Weekend with Carmelo Anthony starting in the game and Tyson Chandler selected as a reserve.
Now Steve Novak and James White will be joining the festivities in Houston.
As expected, Novak was selected to compete in the three-point shootout during All-Star Saturday night. White will be in the dunk contest.
Novak led the NBA in three-point accuracy last season and ranks third this season. He’ll be shooting against against Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Stephen Curry, Ryan Anderson and Matt Bonner.
White’s nickname is Flight White and has a YouTube dunking montage that has gone viral. The other dunkers are Eric Bledsoe, Jeremy Evans, Kenneth Faried, Gerald Green, and Terrence Ross.
Here are other Knicks who participated in these two events and how they have fared:
- 1986: Trent Tucker (fourth)
- 1988: Trent Tucker (seventh)
- 1996: Hubert Davis (tied sixth)
- 1998: Charlie Ward (fourth)
- 2001: Allan Houston (seventh)
- 2006: Quentin Richardson (fifth)
- 2010: Danilo Gallinari (tied fourth)
- 1986: Gerald Wilkins (fourth)
- 1987: Gerald Wilkins (tied seventh)
- 1989: Kenny Walker (first)
- 1990: Kenny Walker (third)
- 1992: John Starks (fourth)
- 1996: Doug Christie (fifth)
- 2006: Nate Robinson (first)
- 2007: Nate Robinson (second)
- 2009: Nate Robinson (first)
- 2010: Nate Robinson (first)