About amNew York
This amNewYork document contains information about the following areas:
Back copies of the newspaper
Submitting Letters to the Editor
amNewYork Advertising and Conditions
Advertise with Us
Tell us: Who's amNewYork's best sidewalk promoter?
THE EDITORIAL STAFF
· Executive Editor: Pete Catapano (pcatapano[at]am-ny.com)
· News Editor: Robert Levin (robert.levin[at]am-ny.com)
· Entertainment Editor: Scott A. Rosenberg (srosenberg[at]am-ny.com)
· Reporter & Social Media Editor: Tim Herrera (tim.herrera[at]am-ny.com)
· Reporters: Sheila Anne Feeney (sheila.feeney[at]am-ny.com), Ivan Pereira (ivan.pereira[at]am-ny.com)
· Style and Entertainment: Julie Gordon (jgordon[at]am-ny.com)
· Letters to the Editor (thoughts[at]am-ny.com)
THE EXECUTIVE STAFF
· Publisher: Valerie Green
· Circulation Director: Bill Praz (bpraz[at]newsday.com)
· Advertising Director: James Palma (james.palma[at]am-ny.com)
· Local Retail Sales Manager: Clayborne Fields (cfields1[at]am-ny.com)
· Production (production[at]am-ny.com)
· Jobs (resume[at]am-ny.com)
· Circulation (amny[at]MitchellsNY.com)
· Tell us about the best promoters (BestPromoter[at]am-ny.com)
In New York City, more and more people catch up on the events of the day from new sources like the various news zippers in Times Square, TV screens that flash news clips in elevators, lottery kiosks and all-news radio programs. Reader surveys and plummeting circulation rates prove that broadsheet newspapers are losing much of their impact.
Now, amNewYork has taken the notion of "instant news" one step further. Subways cars and buses don't get radio or TV reception, so hundreds of thousands of on-the-run commuters are snapping up free newspapers from our army of hawkers and street boxes scattered around this city and its suburbs.
New York's youth see news as a commodity that you don't have to pay for. They want their news quick and simple. And amNewYork fills that niche.
Their work is also supplemented with wire stories from the Associated Press, and with writers and syndicated columnists from Tribune Co. newspapers such as the Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Tribune, the Baltimore Sun and other papers.
amNewYork's aggressive team of reporters and editors brings you all the news that you need to start your day.
Hey, who says a good newspaper can't be free?
Writers must mention relevant financial, political or other interest in a subject. All letters, including those sent via e-mail, must have the writer's day and night telephone numbers and mailing address. E-mailed letters should NOT be sent as attachments.
We cannot acknowledge or return letters. Letters become the property of amNew York and may be published in all media. Anonymous letters will not be printed. Send e-mail to am-letters[at]am-ny.com. You may also write to Letters Editor, am New York, 240 W. 35th St., 9th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
Advertise With Us
To advertise in amNewYork, please contact Clayborne Fields at 212-239-9430 or email: cfields1[at]am-ny.com. You can also:
Click here to Place an Ad
Click here for amNewYork Media Kit
Successfully targeting a younger, professional and more urban demographic than traditional newspapers. We live in a fast-paced environment and traditional newspapers that are 128 pages long are simply not conducive to the busy lifestyle of young professionals in New York City. By providing a newspaper that fits into this hectic lifestyle, amNewYork offers advertisers a highly effective means of reaching a demographic that was until now untouchable by traditional newspapers. A key demographic that understands the concept "free" and believes news should come at no cost - a mindset reinforced by today's prevalence of the Internet. By incorporating into our print campaign scripted street teams, Ads on Feet and strategically positioned hawkers in high-traffic, commuter-heavy locations, we offer your business an unheard of level of public awareness. Attract and reach urban, affluent, young professionals not being reached by traditional newspapers...Because of amNewYork, newspapers will NEVER be the same!
RATES: Your Business is important to amNewYork. Give a call and we will customize a print program to match your print and budget needs! Email brian.rice[at]am-ny.com or call 212-239-5398.
* To run on Monday orders must be submitted by Thursday at 4pm
* To run on Tuesday orders must be submitted by Friday at 4pm
* To run on Wednesday orders must be submitted by Monday at 4pm
* To run on Thursday orders must be submitted by Tuesday at 4pm
* To run on Friday orders must be submitted by Wednesday at 4pm
SPACE is based on availability and can only be secured with a signed insertion.