Let your old Passover recipes go!
Add some Asian flavors to your seder with this Smoked Brisket with Char Siu Sauce from Fung Tu's Executive Chef and partner Jonathan Wu.
Smoked Brisket with Char Siu Sauce
- 3 lbs wagyu brisket
- 3 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups apple wood chips (soaked)
1. Rub salt, sugar, ginger powder, garlic powder evenly over the brisket. Let cure overnight.
2. Smolder the wood chips in a smoker and smoke the brisket at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 hours.
3. Paint with char siu* sauce. Serve with rice and a seasonal greens.
Char Siu Sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp. Five-spice powder
- 2 Tbsp. red, fermented tofu
1. Blend everything until smooth.
2. Mince 2 garlic, 2 scallion whites, 1/4" peeled ginger. Sweat in a pan coated in canola oil (until tender). Add to the sauce.