Airplane food is a joke, but five restaurants in New York City airports made The Daily Meal's list of the 35 best airport restaurants in the world.
In The Daily Meal's ranking, Kennedy Airport had three restaurants land on the list: chef and Food Network star Marcus Samuelsson's Uptown Brasserie at No. 7, Piquillo at No. 13 and Danny Meyer's Shake Shack burger chain at No. 24. LaGuardia pizzerias Crust and Tagliare ranked 10th and 16th, respectively.
The restaurants were judged on menu, food quality and taste, presentation, interior design and service.
- Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro, Copenhagen Airport
- Porta Gaig, El Prat del Llobregat, Barcelona
- Salt Lick BBQ, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Napa Farms Market, San Francisco International Airport
- Tortas Frontera, Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- Bubbles Seafood & Wine Bar, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Uptown Brasserie, John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- Obrycki's, Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Encounter, Los Angeles International Airport
- Crust, LaGuardia Airport