When Seth Meyers takes the stage as the new host of "Late Night," the former "Saturday Night Live" Weekend Update anchor will complete a total upheaval of NBC's nighttime landscape.
amNewYork spoke with Meyers about his new gig. Here are our 10 biggest takeaways:
1. His show won’t have a sidekick. (But band leader Fred Armisen could turn out to be one)
2. In high school, Seth would tape “Late Night With David Letterman” then watch it with his pals.
3. Seth said he loves working with people who are “funnier than I am.”
4. What says is most scared of doing on his new show is interviewing.
5. His dream guest is “someone like Hillary Clinton.”
6. The “Late Night” set “has a really classy, gorgeous look to it.”
7. It was “heartbreaking” for him to leave “Saturday Night Live.”
8. The best advice he’s gotten for the new show? Be patient.