Fashion tips: Look fab after 40
Long Island native Lois Joy Johnson, 63, gives wardrobe tips for women over 40 in her new book, "The Wardrobe Wakeup: Your Guide to Looking Fabulous at Any Age" (Running Press, $23).
The book has scores of tips for women on how to look good as their lives -- and bodies -- shift (and, yes, sometimes sag). Instead of models, she's got photos of 18 friends and colleagues of a certain age who've all "survived trends, fads, weight changes, husbands, jobs, grown-up kids and life's little lemons with wit and style," she declares.
Here, Lois-approved pieces for a new you.
More in amNewYork photos
- Top managers of baseball's expansion era (PHOTOS)
- Bill de Blasio
- East Harlem
- Queens Village
- Hell's Kitchen
- Castle Hill
- FINANCIAL DISTRICT [PHOTOS]
- Dancers set world twerking record
- Joe Lhota
- PHOTOS: Check out East Williamsburg
- Occupy Wall Street, 2 years later [PHOTOS]
- New Jersey Boardwalk Fire [PHOTOS]
- Photos of MTA's Metro-North Lost & Found
- PHOTOS: REMEMBERING 9/11
- PHOTOS: Brooklyn Bike Tours
- PHOTOS: Check out Clinton Hill
- PHOTOS: Check out Rockaway Beach