Two of the city’s top names in hair are merging.
Louis Licari, who has reigned in NYC as King of the Colorists for decades has joined forces with Rodney Cutler, founder of Cutler Salons and stylist to countless stars. Remember when Emma Watson lopped her locks after “Harry Potter” wrapped? -- That was Rodney’s wizardry.
The pair on Tuesday opened the newly rebranded Licari Cutler Salon.
amNewYork recently saw Rodney Cutler and his team in action at New York Fashion Week, for Taoray Wang’s Fall/Winter 2016 show. Working with Ulta Beauty, the team went for a “soft romance” look that emulated classic styles from the‘40s to suit Wang’s mid-century-inspired collection. Ulta Beauty describes the look as “vintage glam with a modern feel.”
Get the look
1. Separate hair into a horseshoe section with a diagonal part, brought to the back of the crown. Set aside.
2. Bring the remainder of the hair into a tight ponytail and braid (pictured). (Credit: Monica Schipper)
3. Roll the braid around itself, securing the end underneath with bobby pins.
4. Taking the horseshoe section, curl hair with a 1" iron and set with hairspray (pictured).(Credit: Ryan Jones)
5. Lightly brush out curls into a wave to mirror the 1940s style victory roll.
6. Take the end of the wave section to the back of the head and wrap around the braid. Secure with additional bobby pin (pictured).
If you go: Licari Cutler Salon, 693 Fifth Ave., 15th floor, 212-308-3838
Hours: Mon & Sat 7:30 a.m - 5:30 p.m., Tues.-Fri. 7:30 a.m.- 8:30 p.m.(Credit: Monica Schipper)