Macy's is bringing the big July 4th show back to the East River. Here are the recommended viewing spots, from social.macys.com/fireworks:
-Montgomery & South Streets: From the north (viewing along the FDR between Manhattan Bridge and Montgomery Street)
-Brooklyn Bridge entry from St. James Place (Pearl Street) & Wagner Place (viewing both north & south of the Brooklyn Bridge)
-Broad Street and/or Old Slip at Water Street (viewing between Heliport & south side of Brooklyn Bridge
-ADA viewing area: Murray Bergtraum High School track and field facility, at the base of the Manhattan Bridge. Use the entrance at Market & Cherry Streets
NOTE: Piers 15-17 are not public viewing areas.
-Brooklyn Bridge Park (piers 1-6): enter on Old Fulton & Furman Street, Joralemon Street & Furman Street or Atlantic Avenue & Furman Street
-Brooklyn Bridge Promenade: enter on Columbia Heights & Pineapple Street, Montague Street & Pierrepont Street or Pierrepont Street & Remsen Street
The following pedestrian streets will be closed to all non-emergency vehicle traffic:
• Montague Street: from Court Street to Montague Terrace
• Remsen Street from Court Street to Montague Terrace
• Old Fulton Street from Hicks Street to Furman Street
• Furman Street from Old Fulton Street to Atlantic Avenue
• Columbia Heights from Montague Street to Old Fulton Street
• Hicks Street from Atlantic Avenue to Old Fulton Street
Remember, subways and buses will be running on a Saturday schedule!