Long Island places we loved
You teased your hair (maybe put up your mohawk), put on your spandex and headed to a hot spot every Friday night. Or maybe you were one to rise early Saturday morning and shop at a local branch of a beloved chain store. Or maybe you were too young for either of those things, and you just liked to play at the neighborhood amusement center. These places are closed, but your memories are forever. Take a stroll down Long Island's memory lane with us.
(Dates in parentheses indicate date photo was taken).
COMMENT: Tell us about your disco nights, rock revelries, new wave carousing, fond childhood flashbacks and, naturally, Long Island reminiscences.
More in amNewYork photos
- Bill de Blasio
- East Harlem
- Queens Village
- Hell's Kitchen
- Castle Hill
- FINANCIAL DISTRICT [PHOTOS]
- Dancers set world twerking record
- Joe Lhota
- PHOTOS: Check out East Williamsburg
- Occupy Wall Street, 2 years later [PHOTOS]
- New Jersey Boardwalk Fire [PHOTOS]
- Photos of MTA's Metro-North Lost & Found
- PHOTOS: REMEMBERING 9/11
- PHOTOS: Brooklyn Bike Tours
- PHOTOS: Check out Clinton Hill
- PHOTOS: Check out Rockaway Beach