New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Thursday that he's unsure whether he'll march in next month's St. Patrick's Day Parade on Fifth Avenue.

His participation in the 253-year-old parade "is an ongoing discussion," said de Blasio, who refused to attend last year to protest organizers' long-standing ban on gay groups marching under their own banners.

This year organizers say they'll allow the inclusion of one such group, OUT@NBCUniversal, which includes employees of the company that owns WNBC / 4, the local TV station broadcasting the March 17 parade.

"Right now, we are waiting to hear more from the parade organizers about their plans," he said at an unrelated event. "There's obviously some real concern about ensuring real openness in the parade -- and those discussions are continuing."

A group called Irish Queers took to the City Hall steps earlier this week to say allowing just one gay group isn't enough.