Though a final decision won't be made until the end of the year, former NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly -- who faces no known threat against him -- will probably lose his police security detail come Jan. 1, 2015, a high-ranking law enforcement official said.

Since he left the top cop job on Jan. 1, 2014, Kelly has had a detail of at least six NYPD officers providing him with constant security, said the official who asked not be identified. Kelly was given the protection because of his high-profile posture against terrorism.

Security also had been offered to two other recent commissioners when they left the job: Howard Safir and William Bratton when he served under Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Safir had the security for about a year but Bratton declined the extra protection, the official said.

"No decision has been made but my guess is the [Kelly] security will be reduced if not completely phased out," the official said. "Typically, I am not sure it is kept for more than a year."

Kelly currently works as president of risk management services for the New York real estate firm Cushman & Wakefield and can probably benefit from having his own corporate driver and private security when needed, the official said.

Kelly couldn't be reached for comment Tuesday.