Gaffes left to go
Oh, how I wish I was asked to predict the upcoming gaffes two weeks ago. I would have absolutely called someone from the McCain camp making the semantic argument that we arent technically in a recession and that Americans are a bunch of crybabies. But alas, five more predictions:
1. I think its a foregone conclusion that someone is going to refer to Obama as boy. In fact, Im shocked it hasnt happened yet. Predicting who is difficult, other than to say itll be some old white guy Republican surrogate of McCain. When it happens, they will apologize for their poor choice of words, assure the country that they meant nothing by it other than that I was trying to convey the point that Senator Obama is very young and in experienced, like a child. I deeply regret my poor choice of words.
2. Senator Osama. Nuff said. Its been done before. It will be done again. But this time by McCain and in one of the debates.
3. We havent heard the last about McCains war record. Itll be a very dangerous line to walk, but the far left was actually happy for General Clark for first making the comment, and then angry that he apologized. Im not going to link them, but theres a world of conspiracies about McCains war record out there if you want to Google it. I predict whoever makes the comments (which will backfire), will not officially be part of Obamas campaign, and that it will likely take place around the Republican Convention when the Republicans are heavily playing up McCains hero status. All the fawning will send some left winger over the edge, and theyll make a baseless accusation akin to McCains negligence killed 160 people in the USS Forrestal incident.
4. Obama is going to say something that is almost verbatim what was once said by Karl Marx, Lenin, or Trotsky.
5. Bob Barr will say something that directly and so extensively contradicts the basic principles of the Libertarian platform that his campaign and the national party will publicly battle and be so at odds that they really wont work together much. Eventually, hell either just fade away or there will be a coup and hell actually be replaced as their nominee. Either way, Im thinking he goes back to the Republican party after this election.