LAS VEGAS — Mets catcher Kevin Plawecki hasn’t bothered finding a place to live this season. There’s no point until he knows where to look.

Plawecki’s suspense will end Friday, when the Mets expect to announce their 25-man roster for Opening Night on Sunday in Kansas City.

“I’m just ready to get this season going,” Plawecki said. “And obviously anxious at the same time.”

Plawecki appears likely to break camp with the big-league club, where he would serve as the backup to starter Travis d’Arnaud. But team officials also have considered sending Plawecki to Triple-A Las Vegas, where he would be in line for more playing time.

Manager Terry Collins seemed to shed some light on the team’s plans Thursday before the Mets began a two-game exhibition series against the Cubs at Cashman Field. They lost to Chicago, 5-1, to extend their winless streak to 14 games.

“If Travis d’Arnaud was a six-day-a-week guy, yeah, it would be hard to do it,” Collins said of finding at-bats for Plawecki. “He needs days off. One of the things we’ve seen from Travis is we’ve got to keep him on the field. He’s had injury issues. So I think Kevin’s going to get — if he’s here — plenty of at-bats.”

Collins said the club essentially has finalized its roster. Still, nothing will be official until Friday, when it is announced.

According to a person with knowledge of the team’s thinking, the Mets will carry an extra position player for the first few games of the season, leaving roster openings for both Eric Campbell and Matt Reynolds.

That means the Mets will carry only six bullpen arms, with a long relief spot likely going to lefthander Sean Gilmartin.

That leaves Logan Verrett as the most likely candidate to be stashed away in Triple-A Las Vegas, where he could remain in case a need arises in the starting rotation.

Relievers Jim Henderson and Erik Goeddel also are on the outside looking in, though one of them would be in line for an early promotion when the Mets return to a traditional seven-man bullpen.

The only other spot in question is at backup catcher, where Plawecki hopes to stick. If not, Johnny Monell would be in line for the spot.

Plawecki, 25, was a first-round draft pick in 2012. During d’Arnaud’s two stints on the disabled list last year, Plawecki stepped in as the starter. He hit .219 with three homers and 21 RBIs. Nevertheless, he remains highly regarded by the organization, which views him as a potential front-line catcher who will bring more to the table offensively.

“I still think he’s going to hit,” Collins said. “I think he’s going to be a good offensive player.”

Plawecki, who hit .214 in camp, has been working on mechanical changes to his swing, a process that he began last season.

With time, he said he has grown more comfortable with the adjustments, hitting the ball harder and more consistently even though the stats haven’t shown it.

“I’m just prepared for whatever,” Plawecki said of the looming decision. “I feel like I’ve done everything that I can to this point. And it’s out of my control. I think that I’ve had a good camp. We’ve taken a lot of strides in the right direction offensively and defensively. So whatever happens happens.”

Notes & quotes: Long Island lefty Steven Matz is slated to throw 75 pitches in Friday’s start against the Cubs. It will be his final tuneup before the regular season . . . Jacob deGrom threw 71 pitches in a minor-league game in Port St. Lucie, Florida. He remained in Florida to be with his wife, who is expecting their first child.