Shuttle and MTA buses at LaGuardia Airport will begin picking up and dropping off passengers at the departures level of the main terminal beginning Wednesday as part of a $4 billion reconstruction project, the Port Authority said.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority will also reroute some buses at the airport, as the main terminal, also known as Terminal B, is being replaced, the agency said.
MetroCard vending machines and Select Bus Service ticket machines are being moved this week to the departures level, the authority said. MetroCard vending machines will be in the freight elevator lobby while Select Bus Service ticket machines will be on the curb, the authority said.
Effective midnight Tuesday, MTA buses will no longer stop on the arrivals level or the old P1 parking lot. Buses will pick up and drop off at the east side of the outer roadway on the departures level.
The authority also listed these changes, taking effect Wednesday:
- The M60 Select Bus Service and Q48 bus will no longer serve Terminal A/Marine Air Terminal. Riders can take the Q47 or airport connection bus to Terminal B to connect to these routes.
- From Ditmars Boulevard and 102nd Street, the Q48 will travel west on 23rd Avenue, then north along 82nd Street. All corresponding stops will be made on the opposite side of the street. Stops will then be made at Terminal B, D, then C.
- The M60 and Q72 buses will enter the airport via 94th Street. Stops will then be made at Terminal B, D, then C.
- The Parking Lot 1 bus stop is discontinued.
- The Port Authority Route A and Route B shuttles (airport connection buses) will pick up and drop off at the middle lane of the outer roadway on the departures level.
- Hotel and car rental shuttles will relocate to the departures level and will pick up and drop off at the inner and outer roadway.
- The LGA Employee Shuttle will pick up and drop off from the far west side of the arrivals level, between Terminal B and Hangar 1.
- The Airporter Bus and shared-ride services will remain on the arrivals level.
- The 102nd Street bridge will close to inbound airport traffic. Outbound vehicle lanes and sidewalk from LaGuardia will remain open. Traffic is detoured to 94th Street via Ditmars Boulevard for access to Terminals B, C and D.