Amy Winehouse was clean when she died, says tox report
Toxicology reports showed that Amy Winehouse didn't have any illegal substances in her body when she died last month, her spokesman said Tuesday.
The British singer, who died at age 27, did have alcohol in her system, but it's unclear how much, the spokesman said.
"Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death," he said, adding that Winehouse's family is awaiting the outcome of an inquest into the "Rehab" singer's death, which will resume in October.
The soul singer, famed for her beehive hairstyle and erratic behavior on and off stage, was found dead at her home in north London on July 23.
The Grammy-winning star behind acclaimed album "Back to Black" had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, and it was widely assumed that they played a part in her death.
Her father Mitch said at her funeral that Winehouse was "the happiest she had been for years.
"Three years ago, Amy conquered her drug dependency -- the doctors said it was impossible but she really did it."