Christina Ricci's NYC Faves
We love checking in with famous folks about their own personal New York: where they go, what they love and why they love it.
Today, we caught up with actress Christina Ricci, the star of the new thriller “After.Life,” opening in theaters Friday. Here, she spills about a few of her NYC faves:
1. Maritime Hotel (363 W. 16th St., 212-242-4300): “I remember seeing this building as a little kid when it was The Covenant House. I’d say, ‘If I ever ran away, this is where I’d stay.’ It’s like a fulfillment of a childhood fantasy.
2. Barney’s New York (660 Madison Ave., 212-826-8900): “I still love Barney’s — even if it’s just window shopping or walking through. I also love their jewelry department.
3. Forlini’s (93 Baxter St., 212-349-6779): “I used to eat here as a kid. Those red booths! Classic Italian food. Love it.
4. Metroplitan Museum of Art (1000 Fifth Ave., 212-233-0507): “I really love the statue hall. When I was a teenager, I’d come here alone. It’s so peacful.”
5. Odeon (145 W. Broadway, 212-229-2670): “It’s so art deco and feels like classic NY to me.”
5. SoHo House (29 Ninth Ave., 212-627-9800): “It’s laid-back and loungey — you can play pool and just hang for hours."
6. Intersection of Little Italy and Chinatown "I used to live in this neighborhood with my mom and still really love it."