* April is the cruelest month for architect Santiago Calatrava.
* Jeremiah visits the "Moulded Shoes," a store that has long fascinated us on 39th Street. It's been there since 1942.
* Benedict will enjoy tony Upper East Side digs while in town. [Curbed]
* A decidedly non-kosher turn for a building where Jewish dead were once prepared for burial. [Lost City]
* One Bryant Park's swank new lobby sees daylight. I see that Pronto Pizza and McDonald's are not coming back to 42nd and Sixth. [Curbed]
* An old TriBeCa liquor store (original signage largely intact) readies to morph into J. Crew. [Racked]
-- Rolando Pujol