One of our favorite red neon LIQUOR signs ... it's in great shape, and it beams all day.
* The Clash, all right: Take the former CBGB and add John Varvatos, fashionistas, Rev. Billy, punks, a bouncer or two and you get a post you really have to read. [Jeremiah's Vanishing New York]
* What to do with sensitive blueprints for the successor to the Twin Towers? Why, put them in a sidewalk trash can! Quick aside: When you look at the pics in the New York Post photo gallery, pay special attention to the way the Freedom Tower is described: "World Trade Center Tower One." Let's finally drop the unctuous Pataki-era nomenclature and call this building what it will be: One World Trade Center. And kudos to the Post for their cover headline: Free-Dumb Tower. Instant classic. [New York Post]
* We'll be the first in line if the Sunview Luncheonette in Greenpoint ever reopens. [Lost City]
* Those beavers at the Astor Place subway station have company: A big beaver was rescued from the East River today, and was spotted probably because of the extra security surrounding the pope's visit to the United Nations. There's debate about whether aiding the animal was really aid at all. [City Room]
* Documented in a remarkable series of photographs: The evolution of a Queens lot, from Victorian splendor to something that is most assuredly anything but. [Queens Crap]
-- Rolando Pujol