Flu-like symptoms, prescription drugs probed in Brittany Murphy's death
Brittany Murphy had been suffering flu-like symptoms for days, the Los Angeles coroner’s office said Monday, as authorities reportedly probed whether a prescription drug overdose led to her death.
An autopsy was conducted Monday on the 32-year-old actress, who starred in “Clueless” and “8 Mile.” But an official cause of death may not be known until toxicology test results become known in four to six weeks.
An LAPD source told RadarOnline.com the probe is focusing on the possibility of an overdose. Police said there is no evidence of criminality or foul play.
Murphy was found Sunday in a shower of her home in Hollywood Hills, Calif., the Los Angeles coroner’s office said yesterday. She had suffered cardiac arrest.
The prescriptions were written out for Murphy and are not illegal, a coroner’s spokesman told the Daily News. He wouldn’t name the drugs or disclose the quantities.
As recently as Dec. 3, the actress revealed plans for her future, telling Access Hollywood: “As far as having a New York’s resolution, I’d love to have a child next year.”