Here are 5 (natural) ways to keep the flu away
Dr. Cathleen London, an assistant professor at Weill Cornell Medical College, shares her tips on how to keep the sniffles, sneezing and coughing at bay:
1. Wash your hands It may sound like simple advice, by London swears by it.
2. "Eat the rainbow" London's grandmother gave her this advice and she happily dishes it out today. Eat your fruits and vegetables, and let their healing properties do their magic.
3. Pump fluids Your mother always said this. That's because mucous membranes need to stay moist or they can't fight the virus.
4. Steam, steam, steam Take hot showers and use a humidifier. Add menthol or eucalyptus to clear out your sinuses.
5. Take Immune Health Basics supplements London swears by these supplements, which are derived from a strain of yeast created in a lab and help to mobilize immune cells that are part of the body's natural defenses.