Kelly's brand new outlook for fall
By now, I’m sure you’ve heard that I will be leaving “ The Real Housewives of New York City” for Season 5.
Although it’s always scary to start over, I’ve taken many leaps of faith in my 30s and 40s, and I’ve always handled adversity with aplomb. Hiding, sulking and blaming has never been my style. And I hope I can inspire you to leap high when presented with new situations.
Keeping busy is key: I’m transitioning out of my “Housewife” role into being an independent single working mom of tween girls. Among other things, I’m finishing edits on my latest book, “I Can Make You Hot.”
Before I embark on my next chapter, I’m checking myself into my own “reality rehab.” For my kids, the BTS transition was “back to school.” For me, it’s “bye-bye to shenanigans.”
In addition to readjusting my attitude, I’m modernizing my look. Here’s my fall checklist:
- Keep dresses as close to the knee as possible.
- Wear fitted cable-knit sweaters.
- Winter white is always right.
- For day, wear sequins and velvet.
- Rock faux fur bags, not faux friends.
- Pair Oxfords with skinny jeans.
- Carry a big bag in a fun color.
- Bare just the right amount with fall’s cut-out styles.
- Think “schoolboy” when it comes to blazers.
- Paint nails a red-hot shade.
- Shop H&M and Zara for inexpensive, ’20s-inspired pieces.
- Can’t afford the jewels? Wear a jewel tone.