Lindsay Lohan off the hook for $100k jewelry theft
Linday Lohan gets off scott-free again.
The oft-legally troubled "Mean Girls" star won't be prosecuted in the theft of $100,000 worth of watches, sunglasses and other jewelry from a friend's home, the Los Angeles County District Attorney said Tuesday.
Lohan, 26, and her assistant were sought by authorities for questioning after the jewelry disappeared from the house of Lohan's friend, Sam Magid, during a party last week.
But after Magin recanted his initial statement and then declined to identify any of the suspects (including Lohan), the DA's office concluded that it did "not have sufficient evidence to prove" Lohan's guilt.
According to TMZ.com, Lohan blamed the theft on Andrew Knight, the son of hip-hop record producer Marion "Suge" Knight. Andrew Knight has denied the claims.
Still, Lohan may not be entirely clear of her legal troubles this round, as TMZ also reports that police want to question her about her crash last June, when a car she was in ran into a truck in California. Lohan initially told police she wasn't driving, according to TMZ, but authorities are now probing whether she actually was behind the wheel.
Lohan remains on informal probation until 2014, which stems from her jewelry theft case from January 2011.
Lohan's rep declined to comment.