Oscar De La Hoya scores knock out in sex romp lawsuit
Golden boy Oscar De La Hoya scored a knock out in Manhattan Supreme Court yesterday when Judge Paul Wooten not only tossed out the $5 million lawsuit Maxim and Playboy model Angelica Cecora brought against him for false imprisonment, assault and battery and emotional distress, but fined her and her attorney $500 each and ordered her to pay the boxer’s legal fees.
Her lawyer told The New York Post he would appeal, and criticized the judge for using language implying that his client was a prostitute. “That reinforces every stereotype every young woman faces when making an allegation against a powerful man,” said Tony Evans.
“Victory!!!!!!!!!” De La Hoya, 39, tweeted yesterday.
The case stemmed from a nutty night the two spent at the Ritz Carlton March 15, 2011, in which Cecora, 25, said De La Hoya ordered drugs to be brought to the room, pranced around in her tiny underwear, demanded that Cecora perform an “extreme” sex act and induced her to invite over another female friend who came over with sex toys and a bong.
Wooten decreed the case frivolous and that it had been brought to “harass or maliciously injure,” the 17-time world champion who now works as a promoter.
De La Hoya’s lawyer, Judd Burstein, said his overall bill would be about $50 K, but guessed that Cecora would be required “to pay around $20,000.”
Evans risks “additional sanctions” by pursuing the case, which “was clearly a publicity grab” said Burstein. Burstein said he was preparing a complaint to be filed against Evans with the New York State Bar Association for what he claimed was unethical behavior and a statement he made to the NY Post indicating that “powerful institutions” can be expected to side with powerful people. That, said Burstein, “can only be interpreted as an allegation of corruption.”
Evans was not available to respond on deadline.