Treat yourself to Halloween cocktails
Looking for a treat that’s a little more adult than candy? City nightlife spots are offering themed cocktails this Halloween. Hit up the bars taste them – or concoct them at home.
JACK O LANTERN
$15 at the Empire Hotel lobby bar (44 W. 63rd St., 212-265-7400)
2 oz. Jack Daniels
1/2 oz. Lucid absinthe
2 sugar cubes
1. Take a whole orange, carve a face, carve a circle around the face and peel.
2. In a rocks glass, add the absinthe. Rotate the glass to coat the inside.
3. In a mixing glass, place sugar cubes and orange bitters.
4. Crush cubes with a muddler or a bar spoon. Add Jack Daniels and ice, and stir until chilled.
5. Add fresh ice to a rocks glass and strain mixing glass contents. Add pumpkin face as a garnish.
$6 at Brother Jimmy’s (brotherjimmys.com for locations)
2 oz. tomato juice
4 dashes Tabasco sauce
3 dashes worscheshire sauce Directions:
1. Rim a pint glass with Old Bay, and fill with ice.
2. Add tomato juice, tabasco and worscheshire sauce.
3. Fill glass with Budweiser.
4. Top off with tomato juice.
5. Squeeze in lemons and limes.
TRICK OR TREATIngredients:
$30 (serves five people) at all Gerber Group bars (gerberbars.com)
2 1/4 oz. Bacardi Light
2 1/4 oz. Meyers Rum
1 1/4 oz. Bacardi 151
2 1/2 oz. pineapple juice
2 1/2 oz. orange juice
1 /4 oz. sour mix
1 1/4 oz. Grenadine
Silly Straws Directions:
1. Fill glass with ice and add all ingredients.
2. Stir the drink until ingredients are combined. It should be a pinkish red color.
3 Throw in a handful of Gummy Worms and add silly straws.
POP ROCKS SHOT
$5 at Southern Hospitality (1460 Second Ave., 212-249-1001) Ingredients:
1.5 oz. chilled Hornitos Premium Tequila
1 tbsp. agave nectar or honey
1 packet Pop Rocks Directions:
1. Spoon agave or honey into a plate or bowl, and roll the rim of a shot glass in the agve or honey until coated.
2. Empty Pop Rocks into a separate plate or bowl and dip the shot glass into the Pop Rocks to coat the rim.
3. Pour tequila into the glass.