Weekend Hamptons buzz: Madonna, 'Entourage' crew & more
• Outdoor diners at B. Smith’s in Sag Harbor got some extra entertainment with their meal on Thursday night as they watched Madonna arrive via seaplane. Sadly, the Material Mom didn’t stop in for a bite; she was whisked away by a massive security detail.
• Jeremy Piven celebrated what he called the “big 2-9” (aka his 46th birthday) a few days early at the Ciroc Cabana Club in Water Mill on Saturday night. Piven — who was in New York promoting the final season of “Entourage” — showed off his sentimental side at the bash, saying the best birthday gift he ever received was “a drum kit when I was a kid that my father gave me. “And nothing has even come close. I loved to play the drums more than anything," he said. So what’s on Piven's wish list for 46 ... errr, 29? “Just being around friends and hanging out is really enough.” Granted.
• Meanwhile, another member of the “Entourage” — Emmanuelle Chriqui — stunned in a long orange Meeghan dress at the Hamptons Magazine cover party at South Pointe Nightclub on Saturday. She hung out at the Southampton soiree with a bevy of pals, including show creator Doug Ellin and an unidentified guy (her on-screen boyfriend, Kevin Connolly, showed up later).
• "Real Housewife of New York City" Jill Zarin — wearing a polka-dot Ali Ro dress — was all smiles as she posed for photos with fans (a request she never refuses) during a dinner she hosted to support the Anti-Defamation League. At the event, held at East Hampton's Georgica on Friday night, Zarin said she wants to help kids stand up to bullying — a cause that's close to her heart. She admitted that she was tortured in middle school by prank-calling classmates (one of whom has reached out since Zarin became famous and claims she doesn’t remember taunting the "Housewife").
• Also spotted: Kelly Ripa working up a sweat at Soul Cycle Bridgehampton on Saturday morning ... Richard Gere, Martha Stewart and honoree Emeril Legasse mixing among the 800 revelers at the Chefs & Champagne event at Wölffer Estate on Saturday night, where the crowd dined on dishes from restaurants such as Mirabelle, the Living Room and Luce & Hawkins ... Bobby Flay and his father eating corn chowder, steamers and lobster on Thursday at Bostwick's Chowder House in East Hampton.