WNYC holding moving sale --- cool stuff on stoop
Sorry, Mayor La Guardia's mic is not for sale.
As WNYC prepares to leave its cramped studios in the Municipal Building after 84 years, the radio station is having a stoop sale.
You can stop by and scoop up your own piece of WNYC history Thursday between 11a.m. and 2 p.m. in the public plaza of the Municipal Building.
Some mementos up for grabs include:
* A softball signed by The WNYC Independents, the stations softball team
* Vintage WNYC baseball cap signed by Brian Lehrer
* Copies of the Spy Magazine anthology autographed by Kurt Andersen
* Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama press passes, signed by WNYC Political director Andrea Bernstein
* A selection of vinyl from host David Garlands secret stash, including Dizzy Gillespies Groovin High signed by Garland
* On the Media host Brooke Gladstones Neil Tillotson bobbing-head doll. Tillotson, of New Hampshire. was for many years the first person to vote in the presidential primaries
All the proceeds will go to Radio Rookies, WNYCs youth journalism program.
Several of WNYCs radio personalities will be at the event, including Brian Lehrer, Leonard Lopate, Soterios Johnson, John Schaefer, Jad Abumrad, and Garland among others.Lehrer, by the way, will officially flip the On Air switch at the WNYCs new home located at 106 Varick St. on June 17th at 10 a.m.
-- Simone Herbin