Eric Mangini is a reticent, Belichickian obfuscator
Random Tuesday morning musings:
1. Good line on late SportsCenter from John Anderson, after a clip of Andy Reid, complete with flaming, swept-up hat hair and scary late-December stubble: "Spitting image of the Heat Miser."
2. Good line on late SportsCenter from John Anderson, imagining trash talk between famous journalism schools Missouri and Northwestern in the Alamo Bowl: "I've got your inverted pyramid, buddy."
3. I'm so inspired by Mike Francesa incessantly calling Mike Tannenbaum "Mr. T" that I have decided henceforth to call Bob Glauber "Mr. G."
4. For the first time in the 30-year history of sports media columns in New York newspapers, two of them on the same day used the words "Belichickian" and "reticent(ce)." It's true. Look here and here.
5. Not only that, two articles on the same day in The New York Times used the words "Belichickian" and "obfuscation."
6. I googled "Eric Mangini obfuscation" and got 203 matches. "Eric Mangini Belichickian" yielded 202.