Impress your guests at your next party by whipping up some eggplant rings with basil aioli and pairing them with Vanguard cocktails.
Eggplant rings (makes 145 rings)
30 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups panko
10 lbs. eggplant
2 cups parmesan
1. Using a mandoline or knife, slice eggplant into rings about 1/4 or an inch thick.
2. Remove center of the ring.
2. Mix parmesan and panko and reserve.
3. Whisk eggs in a bowl.
4. Place flour in a bowl.
5. Bread eggplant rings first in flour, then eggs, then panko mix.
6. Pan-fry rings in olive oil until brown and crispy.
3 3/4 cup mayo
3/4 tbsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
3 1/2 tbsp blanched and shocked basil
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until bright green.
The Vanguard (serves 20)
10 oz gin
7.5 oz lemon juice
15 oz cucumber mint puree
1 bottle prosecco
10 pieces lemon peel
Combine gin, lemon juice, cucumber-mint puree in punch bowl with a large piece of ice. Mix thoroughly and pour in prosecco.
Ladle into stemware, preferable a saucer, making sure to include a lemon peel.
Cucumber mint puree: Combine simple syrup with the freshest cucumber and mint you can find and blend.