OFFICIAL RULES: AMNY MANIFEST PREVIEW SCREENING SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
The amNY Manifest Preview Screening Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Newsday LLC d/b/a amNewYork (“amNY”). By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following Official Rules of the Sweepstakes (the “Official Rules”). Please review the Official Rules carefully. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of the Official Rules in their entirety, you are not permitted to enter the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals that are legal residents of, and living in, the New York metropolitan area who are 18 years of age or older and can enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law. Employees of amNY, its advertising, fulfillment or promotion agencies, service providers, agents, officers, parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, or any other persons or entities directly associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") and members of the immediate families of and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or claim the Prize (as defined below).
2. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The "Sweepstakes Entry Period" begins at 12:01 P.M. Eastern Time on February 1, 2019 and ends at 4:00 P.M. Eastern Time on February 5, 2019. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period to be eligible to win the Prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, go to amny.com/manifest during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and follow the links and instructions to completely fill out and submit the online entry form in accordance with the on-screen instructions. Upon amNY’s receipt of an entrant’s successful submission, that entrant shall receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes (each, an “Entry”). Each entrant may submit only one (1) Entry during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Any Entries submitted in excess of this limitation will be discarded. All entries must be submitted online. Mailed or hard copy entries will not be accepted. All entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Failure to submit all required information and submissions in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant of the Sweepstakes, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural holder of the email account provided on the entry form. All entries become amNY’s property and will not be returned. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the permitted number of Entries by using multiple/different identities or registrations, or any other method, will void all of that participant’s Entries, and that participant will be disqualified from participating in the Sweepstakes. amNY reserves the right to reject any Entry that it believes, in its sole and reasonable discretion, is fraudulent, incomplete, or otherwise invalid.
4. PRIZE: One (1) randomly selected winner will receive two (2) tickets to Manifest: Preview Screening and Discussion at the Paley Center for Media in New York, NY, on February 7, 2019 (the “Prize”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is Eighty-Eight Dollars ($88.00). The Prize winner will not receive the difference between the actual Prize value and the ARV. The Prize is non-refundable and may not be resold under any circumstances. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Seat locations will be determined by the event venue. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Winner and guests must comply with all venue rules and regulations, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of Prize. The Prize excludes transportation to/from the event and all other incidental expenses incurred by winner. A valid photo I.D. may be required to claim the Prize. If the event is cancelled or postponed for any reason, no compensation or substitution will be provided and Sweepstakes Entities will have no further obligations to winners. The Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All Prize details are at amNY’s sole discretion.
The Paley Center for Media® is a registered trademark. Please be advised that amNY is not in any way affiliated with The Paley Center for Media, and the Sweepstakes is neither endorsed, nor sponsored, by The Paley Center for Media.
5. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: A random drawing from all eligible Entries received will take place at the amNY corporate office on or about February 5, 2019, to select the winner. The potential Prize winner will be notified via email on or about February 5, 2019. If the potential winner fails to respond to amNY within twenty-four (24) hours confirming acceptance of the Prize, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or if the winner refuses the Prize, then the Prize will be forfeited by such winner, and amNY will select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible Entries. In no case shall the Sweepstakes Entities or their respective members, officers, directors, employees or agents be liable in any manner where a potential Prize winner has not received notification sent from amNY or where amNY fails to receive a response from the potential Prize winner within the required response period. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes are within amNY’s sole discretion and are final and binding.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. The odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of entrants participating in the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities and their licensees and affiliates to use the winner’s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation on-line, unless and to the extent prohibited by law. All entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. amNY at its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes, without liability. Void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law.
7. TAX INFORMATION: Federal, state and local taxes, and all similar fees and assessments, are the responsibility of the Prize winner.
8. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK AND: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE AND COUNTY OF NEW YORK, (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, (C) NO PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, MAY BE AWARDED, AND (D) ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM SPECIAL DAMAGES AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE SUCH DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
10. RULES/WINNERS’ LIST: For an additional copy of these Official Rules or a Prize winner listing, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: amNY Manifest Preview Screening Sweepstakes, 240 West 35th Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10001. All requests for rules and winners’ lists must be received within six (6) months of the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
11. RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective members, officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from, or in connection with, the Sweepstakes and/or use of the Prize including, but not limited to, liability arising from copyright infringement, improper use of likeness, personal injury, death, damages or monetary loss. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply. By entering, each entrant further agrees that, in the event that there is any conflict or other inconsistency between the Official Rules and any advertisements, promotional or marketing materials, e-mails or announcements relevant to the Sweepstakes, these Official Rules will govern.
12. INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to release, indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective members, officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and settlement costs), damages, suits, costs, demands and/or judgments whatsoever, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (a) your improper and/or unauthorized participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) your breach of these Official Rules; and/or (c) your violation of any rights of another individual and/or entity. The provisions of this paragraph are for the benefit of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective members, officers, directors, employees and agents. Each of these individuals and entities shall have the right to assert and enforce these provisions directly against you on its/her/his own behalf.
13. MISCELLANEOUS: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. amNY’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.