News Bronx teacher found dead in school after apparent overdose, source says A teacher was found dead in a bathroom of PS 811X on Longfellow Avenue in the Bronx on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017, a law enforcement source said. Photo Credit: Google Maps By Nicole Brown email@example.com @ncb417 Updated December 1, 2017 10:51 AM Print Share fbShare Tweet gShare Email A 36-year-old teacher was found dead Thursday in the bathroom of a Bronx public school after an apparent overdose, a law enforcement source said. The man, who was not immediately identified, was found in the bathroom at PS X811 on Longfellow Avenue, near Jennings Street, at about 5:55 p.m. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. Investigators found drug paraphernalia and an unknown substance near the man’s body, leading them to believe he overdosed, a source said. “This is deeply saddening and my heart goes out to the teacher’s family and the school community,” Schools Chancellor Carmen Fariña said in a statement. “We will be providing grief counselors and ongoing resources to support students and staff during this difficult time.” No students were around at the time of the teacher’s death, a Department of Education spokeswoman said. The medical examiner will make the official determination of cause of death. By Nicole Brown firstname.lastname@example.org @ncb417 Nicole Brown is the Internet News Manager at amNY.com, covering local news since 2016. She has written for MSNBC.com and was editor-in-chief of NYU’s Washington Square News. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Comments Comments section is temporarily on hold. Here’s why.