News Sanford Rubenstein's firm officially off Garner lawsuit case Sanford Rubenstein has withdrawn from the Eric Garner case. Photo Credit: Anthony Lanzilote By ANTHONY M. DESTEFANO/NEWSDAY email@example.com October 9, 2014 9:01 PM Print Share fbShare Tweet gShare Email The firm of beleaguered attorney Sanford Rubenstein, who is facing allegation of rape, was officially dumped from the Eric Garner case Thursday. Scott Rynecki, who is Rubenstein's partner in their Brooklyn law firm, said last night that noted civil rights attorney Jonathan Moore sent him a letter saying he had been retained by the Garner family. Rynecki said he also received a similar notice from the administrator of Garner's estate. "I wish to God the family well in their quest for justice," Rynecki said last night. Garner died on July 17 from an apparent police chokehold while he was being arrested on Staten Island on suspicion of selling loose, untaxed cigarettes. Garner's family filed a $75 million notice of claim with the city earlier this week, the first step in a lawsuit. Moore, who represented three of the five men in the Central Park jogger case, didn't immediately return emails and telephone requests for comment. The five men in the Central Park case were exonerated of rape charges. They received a $41 million settlement from the city earlier this year. Rubenstein, who made his name suing the police in a number of high-profile brutality cases, including that involving Abner Louima, was accused of rape last week by a board member of the Rev. Al Sharpton's National Action Network. Police and prosecutors are investigating the woman's allegations but Rubenstein has not been charged with any crime and has denied any wrongdoing. By ANTHONY M. DESTEFANO/NEWSDAY firstname.lastname@example.org Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Comments Comments section is temporarily on hold. Here’s why.