News Mayor Bill de Blasio says he hasn’t been subpoenaed in probe New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio holds a press conference on Feb. 25, 2014 in New York City. Photo Credit: Getty Images / John Moore By Matthew Chayes email@example.com @chayesmatthew Updated April 28, 2016 6:25 PM Print Share fbShare Tweet gShare Email Mayor Bill de Blasio, whose top associates have been subpoenaed in a joint federal and state probe of his campaign fundraising apparatus, said Thursday he had not personally been named in any subpoena and “we look forward to the speedy conclusion” of the matter. “I feel fine, because everything we’ve done was legal and appropriate,” de Blasio told reporters in Manhattan after an unrelated event on immigration. De Blasio’s chief spokeswoman, Karen Hinton, confirmed Thursday that several people close to the mayor, as well as the mayor’s office itself, had been named on subpoenas. A law-enforcement source said a day earlier that those named on the documents included de Blasio fundraiser Ross Offinger; director of intergovernmental affairs Emma Wolfe; and Manhattan-based consulting firm BerlinRosen, which advised the mayor’s winning 2013 campaign and represents clients who seek to influence the city. Hinton wouldn’t say what the subpoenas seek, but added: “subpoenas, generally, are for documents and for information.” Neither de Blasio nor his aides have been accused of criminal wrongdoing. Probes are reportedly scrutinizing the removal of a restrictive deed on AIDS housing then flipped in a plan to convert the property into luxury condos; the mayor’s failed bid to banish horse-drawn carriages from Central Park, a cause important to the mayor’s campaign supporters; two Brooklyn businessmen who have given money to de Blasio involved in allegations of improper favoritism with the NYPD; de Blasio’s unsuccessful fundraising operation in 2014 to flip control of the State Senate from Republican to Democratic hands; and a nonprofit he set up to further his policy agenda. Separately Thursday afternoon, Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., whose office is handling the investigation with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, declined to comment. “I really can’t respond. As soon as we have something to say that we can say, we will,” he said. Hinton said the city’s top lawyer, Corporation Counsel Zachary Carter, as well as a private white-collar criminal defense attorney hired by the de Blasio campaign, Barry Berke, “have asked us not to get into the details of the investigation.” “We’re about getting the people’s business done and we’re continuing to work just as hard as we always have on the issues, whether it’s affordable housing or education, we’re working just like we do every day,” Hinton said of the investigation. “This is not a distraction in terms of getting the work done that we need to do.” By Matthew Chayes firstname.lastname@example.org @chayesmatthew Matthew Chayes, a Newsday reporter since 2007, covers New York City Hall. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Comments We're revamping our Comments section. Learn more and share your input.