Dreading the upcoming winter weather? New Yorkers have got advice on how to get through the blizzard blues.
As the city braces for anywhere between 12 and 18 inches of snow and blizzard-like conditions on Tuesday, city residents have their own ways of preparing and planning.
1) “We go to a nearby museum or to the library. Sledding would be a great idea.” — Raul Yadav, 39, Union Square
2) “Go to a grocery store early and [get] wine. Soup, wine, and good bread.” — Denise Blankinship, 54, Far Rockaway
3) “I wouldn’t make any [plans]. It’s safer not to cancel last minute.” — Sung Jin, 27, Midtown East
4) “Just don’t go out. Load up now, there’s no need to go out: DVR and cook.” — Connor Lingle, 34, Greenwich Village
5) “Stock up on all your snacks. I try my best not to use Seamless, I feel bad for the delivery guys. Go to the gym the day before. Make sure you have your laptop and charger from work. Get an electric blanket.” — Lauralee Bent, 24, Stuyvesant Town
6) “We’re going to introduce our 3-year-old to the snow, see if she likes it. I’ll put in an order with Fresh Direct.” — Gena Reisig, 35, Gramercy
7) “Make sure you download something in case the internet goes out. It’s also a good idea to clean — you might as well work on your apartment if you’re stuck in it.” — Erin Dougherty, 34, Greenpoint
8) “Bodegas are always open.” — Christi Gelo, 34, Ozone Park