NYC SHOOTINGS: Two slain, three wounded in Bronx and Harlem in two late-night outbursts

Photo via Getty Images

Five men were shot, two fatally, in a pair of separate episodes of gun violence in the Bronx and Harlem between Monday night and early Tuesday morning, police reported.

The first shooting happened in the Bronx at about 11:49 p.m. on Jan. 11 inside an apartment building on Webster Avenue, across from Woodlawn Cemetery in Norwood.

Officers from the 47th Precinct responded to a 911 call about a shooting at the location. Upon arriving at the scene, they found a 16-year-old man on a stairwell between the eighth and ninth floors with a gunshot wound to his neck.

Paramedics rushed him to Jacobi Hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later. Police have withheld his identity, pending family notification.

During the course of their investigation, detectives learned that two other men had been shot at the same Webster Avenue location where the victim had been wounded: a 22-year-old man, who was shot in the ankle, and a 19-year-old man who took a bullet to his torso.

Both victims had been taken by private means to Montefiore Hospital, but were later transferred via EMS to Jacobi Hospital. They are now listed in stable condition.

No arrests have been made in the ongoing investigation.

About two hours later, cops in Harlem responded to a reported shootout between two men that turned deadly at about 1:05 a.m. on Jan. 12 in front of an apartment building at 107 East 126th St. 

Officers from the 25th Precinct, in responding to a 911 call, found 21-year-old Tyquan Hardnett, of Madison Avenue in Harlem, with gunshot wounds to his left and right armpits.

Paramedics rushed him to Harlem Hospital, where he later died.

According to detectives, Hardnett had been involved in a dispute with a 19-year-old man that eventually led to a gunfight in front of the East 126th Street location.

Police officers located the 19-year-old man at 1:31 a.m. Tuesday morning in front of 27 East 124th St., about two blocks from the crime scene. The man had suffered gunshot wounds to his groin and right shoulder.

EMS units brought him to Harlem Hospital, where he’s listed in stable condition. Police have placed him in custody, with charges pending the results of the ongoing investigation.

More from around NYC