News NYPD: Men chanted ‘ISIS! ISIS!’ during Bronx attack Police have released surveillance images of the two suspects who allegedly beat a Bronx man of Bangladeshi descent while chanting, "ISIS! ISIS!" Photo Credit: NYPD By Laura Figueroa email@example.com @Laura_Figueroa Updated January 19, 2016 7:58 AM Print Share fbShare Tweet gShare Email Police have released surveillance images of the two suspects who allegedly beat a Bronx man of Bangladeshi descent while chanting, "ISIS! ISIS!" Police said Sunday the 43-year-old-man was walking with his 9-year-old niece in the Parkchester neighborhood in the Bronx around 5:30 p.m. Friday when he was punched in the head numerous times by two men as they shouted “ISIS! ISIS!” The attackers also pushed the man to the ground and kicked him multiple times, police said. He was taken by ambulance to Jacobi Medical Center, where he was treated for his injuries and released Saturday night. Police said the man’s niece was unharmed. As of Sunday evening, no arrests had been made in the case and an investigation is “ongoing” by the NYPD’s Hate Crimes Task Force, an NYPD spokesman said. Police did not release the victim’s name, but News 12 The Bronx identified the man as Mujibur Rahman of Parkchester. Joined by Bangladeshi community activists on Saturday, he told the news station he believed he was attacked because he was wearing typical Islamic garb, including a tupi headdress. Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. on Sunday condemned the attacks as “hateful” and “not representative of the shared values of the people of this borough.” “An attack on one of us over race, religion, gender or sexual orientation is an attack on us all,” Diaz Jr. said in a statement. The Council on American-Islamic Relations of New York, a Muslim civil rights organization, issued a statement Sunday calling on the FBI to also investigate the incident. “The FBI should add its resources to the investigation of this disturbing incident in order to send a clear message to bigots that attacks on American Muslims will not be tolerated and that perpetrators of such attacks will face the full weight of the law,” said CAIR-NY’s director of operations Sadyia Khalique. By Laura Figueroa firstname.lastname@example.org @Laura_Figueroa Laura Figueroa covers New York City politics and government. She joined Newsday in 2012 after covering state and local politics for The Miami Herald. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Comments Comments section is temporarily on hold. Here’s why.