Police blotter, week of March 12, 2015

Insufficient funds

It was the A.T.M. machine robbery that wasn’t.

On Thurs., Mar. 5 at 11:30 p.m., a thief attempted to get at the cash dispenser located at a Tasti D-Lite at 203 Spring St. in Soho, police say. After cutting through the security gate, the thief attempted to remove the A.T.M., which is owned by Uncle Sam A.T.M. Group based in Queens, but was unsuccessful. Police did not release a description of the suspect.

Fork fight

A former pub employee — unhappy about losing his job — went after his manager with a bent fork from a nearby table.

The man, 20, went to Stout, a bar in the Financial District at 90 John St., and confronted his former employer on Tues., Mar. 3 at around 6 p.m., police say. As the dispute escalated, he grabbed a fork from the table, bent it and lunged at the male manager, 29. Two employees, who were close by, were able to get the fork away and the man fled.

After the police were called and showed up, the disgruntled employee came back to the pub. He took one look at the cops and then ran to the kitchen, but was caught by police. The Bronx man did not go quietly — police say he flailed his arms, refusing to be handcuffed.

12-jacket monte

Twelve pieces of clothing went into a fitting room, but only 11 came out.

That is what a female employee, 27, told police about a man who got away with a $2,995 jacket from the Ralph Lauren store at 109 Prince St. in Soho on Tues., Mar. 3 at around 4 p.m. The employee told police that the thief — male, 6 ft. with red hair — put the expensive jacket underneath the coat he was wearing and left.

Block and shoplift

Two thieves worked together to steal over $1,500 worth of stuff from Burton, a snowboarding gear and clothing store in Soho, police say.

On Tues., Mar. 3, one man, 41, grabbed jackets and pants from the sale rack, shoved them into his shopping bag and then handed it to his partner at around 5 p.m., police say. To ensure his accomplice’s escape, the man blocked a male employee, 24, from chasing after the second man. He also prevented the security guard from his attempt to lock the door. The blocking was to no avail as both were arrested and the police recovered the merchandise.

Police did not release the age of the second man.

Sentence in Pace murder

Randy Colon, 34, was sentenced to 49 years-to-life in state prison for the 2010 murder of a 21-year-old Pace University student in Lower Manhattan, according to the Manhattan District Attorney’s office.

Max Moreno, the victim, was a senior studying marketing at Pace. Colon and Raymond Rizzo had broken into the Moreno’s apartment on the 37th floor in a Lower Manhattan building a little before midnight on Sept. 28, 2010, according to the D.A.’s office.

The two men demanded Moreno and another victim turn over their personal property, which they did, giving them wallets and cellphones. But when the two demanded more and Moreno refused, Colon shot him in the head, killing him. The other victim fled, but was caught by Colon and Rizzo, who then beat the second victim, according to the D.A.’s office.

Colon fled to Pennsylvania and was arrested on Oct. 14, 2010. He was found guilty of murder in the first and second degree as well as various other charges. Rizzo, 33, was sentenced to 32 years to life in state prison following a conviction of murder in the second degree and other charges.

— Dusica Sue Malesevic

More from around NYC