Two elderly women were found dead after separate Queens fires Monday.
Audrey Hebling, 82, was found unconscious in the kitchen of her home on 252nd Street, between 87th Road and 87th Drive, in Bellerose Manor after an electrical fire started around 6:30 p.m., police said.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, they said. There was no smoke alarm present, the FDNY said.
Earlier Monday, a 71-year-old woman was found dead after an accidental fire caused by smoking, police and fire officials said.
Per #FDNY Fire Marshals: Cause of yesterday’s fatal fire at 87-65 252 St Queens was accidental, electrical, extension cord. No smoke alarm present— FDNY (@FDNY) June 19, 2018
Firefighters responded to the fire in a high-rise building on Seagirt Avenue, between Beach Eighth and Beach Sixth streets, in Far Rockaway at about 2:10 a.m. The blaze, in a 15th-floor apartment, was under control about an hour later, the FDNY said.
The woman, who was not immediately identified, was found inside the apartment, which did not have a smoke alarm, fire officials said. She was pronounced dead at the scene, cops said.