SportsGiants Tyler Sash, Super Bowl winner with Giants, dead at age 27 Giants safety Tyler Sash looks on during training camp on July 30, 2013. Photo Credit: Kathleen Malone-Van Dyke By TOM ROCK tom.rock@newsday @TomRock_Newsday September 8, 2015 9:40 PM Print Share fbShare Tweet gShare Email Tyler Sash, a 2011 Giants draft pick who won a Super Bowl ring with the team, was found dead Tuesday in his Iowa home. He was 27. John Kraemer, director of forensic operations for the state's medical examiner, told The Associated Press his office is investigating Sash's death, along with police in Oskaloosa, Iowa, Sash's hometown. No cause of death has been determined, he said, and an autopsy was scheduled for this morning. Sadness and disbelief poured out of Sash's former Giants teammates on social media. Henry Hynoski wrote: "Love ya brother . . . you're in a better place now . . . thanks for the great memories and friendship.'' Hynoski, a fullback who was cut last week, also posted a picture of himself with Sash. "Terrible news about Sash,'' Giants defensive tackle Markus Kuhn wrote. "Such a great guy! RIP my man.'' Sash, a sixth-round pick out of Iowa, played two seasons with the Giants. He appeared in 23 games, missing the first four in 2012 while suspended for testing positive for Adderall. The Giants cut ties with Sash prior to the 2013 season opener, reaching an injury settlement after he suffered a concussion in the preseason finale. By TOM ROCK tom.rock@newsday @TomRock_Newsday Tom Rock began covering sports for Newsday in 1996 and has been the Giants beat writer since 2008. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Comments We're revamping our Comments section. Learn more and share your input.