Midtown Manhattan will be a sea of green on Friday as about 2 million people celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
The parade, held in honor of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, will step off on Fifth Avenue at 11 a.m.
But while many spectators cheer along to the bagpipes, motorists will be grumbling about the maze of street closures.
If you want to avoid the chaos of the parade route, check this list of street closures before you head out.
The following roads will be closed between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.:
- Fifth Avenue between 42nd and 86th streets
- Vanderbilt Avenue between 43rd and 46th streets
- Madison Avenue between 63rd and 64th streets
- Madison Avenue between 78th and 86th streets
- 43rd Street to 46th Street between Vanderbilt and Sixth avenues
- 47th and 48th streets between Park and Sixth avenues
- 62nd and 63rd streets between Madison and Fifth avenues
- 64th Street between Park and Fifth avenues
- 72nd Street between Madison and Fifth avenues
- 78th Street between Madison and Fifth avenues
- 79th Street to 83rd Street between Park and Fifth avenues
- 84th and 85th streets between Madison and Fifth avenues