News Man, 68, dies in his burning Ozone Park home, police say A 68-year-old man was found dead after a fire broke out at his Ozone Park home early Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017, police said. Photo Credit: Theodore Parisienne By Nicole Levy firstname.lastname@example.org Updated September 24, 2017 4:24 PM Print Share fbShare Tweet Email A 68-year-old Queens man died in the basement of his burning home early Sunday, police said. Firefighters discovered Mohinvei Singh, 68, in the basement of his Ozone Park home on 97th Avenue after extinguishing a fire reported via 911 at 2:37 a.m., authorities said. Paramedics pronounced Singh dead at the scene, according to the NYPD. The city's medical examiner will determine the cause of death. The accidental fire was sparked by the ignition of natural gas, FDNY officials said on Twitter Sunday afternoon. By Nicole Levy email@example.com Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Comments We're revamping our Comments section. Learn more and share your input.