Police Blotter, Oct.10, 2013

A screen grab from a surveillance video provided by police, showing the alleged attempted-rape suspect inside the E. Sixth St. building on Dec. 28.

Guilty in brutal beating
Two Brooklyn men were found guilty of brutally attacking five out-of-town visitors — one of whom was beaten nearly to death — in Greenwich Village in January, Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance announced on Oct. 7.

But both Hatem Farsakh, 25, and Sherif Rizk, 23, were acquitted of attempted murder, the top charge they faced. And the D.A. said that Farsakh is currently a fugitive whose whereabouts are unknown, after he went into hiding while out free on bail.

A State Supreme Court jury convicted Farsakh, in absentia, of first-degree gang assault, four counts of first-degree attempted gang assault and two counts of second-degree assault. Rizk was convicted of second-degree assault.

According to court documents, around 5 a.m. on Jan. 13, Farsakh, Rizk and their friends got into a verbal argument on MacDougal St. near Artichoke Pizza with the five young men, who were visiting from Massachusetts. The first group then took a tire iron, baseball bat and other weapons out of Rizk’s car trunk, and used them to hit all the other men.

One of the victims, 24, was continually beaten until his skull fractured and was nearly killed.

Farsakh is scheduled to be sentenced in absentia on Nov. 7, and Rizk is scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 26.

Crazy for newspapers
Police arrested Ronald Wright, 51, after he allegedly damaged a passing car on Oct. 4 by pushing sidewalk newspaper bins into traffic.

A traffic officer said he spotted Wright around 9:45 p.m. screaming while walking in the street at W. Fourth St. and Sixth Ave. Wright then reportedly began pushing the bins haphazardly into the road, eventually hitting a car and denting its rear passenger door.

He fled the scene, but police were able to identify him by using video surveillance footage from a nearby Chase Bank. Wright was caught the next day and charged with criminal mischief.

Busted at Whole Foods
Police arrested Fahdia Khan, 39, after she allegedly tried to steal items from the Whole Foods Market in Union Square on Oct. 2. A security guard for the supermarket at 40 E. 14th was by the store’s exit around 7:30 p.m., when he spotted her walking out while hiding the goods — which totaled $150 — under her clothing. She was detained at the store.

When police arrived, they also found that Khan was carrying a fake New Jersey ID card and a stolen credit card. She was charged with petty larceny, criminal possession of a forged instrument and criminal possession of stolen property.

Senior slugger
Police arrested Ignatius Piccirillo, 69, after he allegedly beat up a co-worker after an argument in the West Village on Oct. 2.

The victim, 53, said he and Piccirillo were in the middle of a work-related dispute around 6:45 a.m., near the corner of Washington and W. 10th Sts., when Piccirillo reared back and punched him in the face. The senior citizen then reportedly threw the other man to the ground and continued punching him, until a witness broke it up and called police. Officers soon arrived and arrested Piccirillo, and charged him with assault.

Pot, pills and knife
Police arrested Karl Draper, 18, after they said they caught him smoking marijuana on a West Village street corner on Oct. 4.

Officers on patrol said they spotted Draper around 2 a.m. near the corner of Grove and Bleecker Sts., while he was puffing on a pipe filled with purported pot. When they stopped and searched him, the officers said they found Draper was also carrying seven alleged pills of the prescription drug Klonopin, as well as a switchblade.

Draper was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of marijuana.

Caught after curfew
Police said they arrested Jonathon Konon, 33, when he was hanging out in Washington Square Park after closing time on Oct. 5.

Officers said they spotted Konon in the southwest corner of the park — which closes at midnight — around 3 a.m., and stopped and questioned him. They found he was carrying a debit card that turned out to have been stolen.

Konon was charged with trespassing and criminal possession of stolen property.

—  Sam Spokony