Dale Goodson: Complaints hold sway over SLA

To The Editor
Re “CB4 Mulls Nightlife vs. Quality of Life” (news, May 15):

The SLA [State Liquor Authority] now looks long and hard at issuing new licenses in areas of oversaturation and the 500 foot rule also comes into play (3 or more licenses within 500 ft.) Residents should be calling 311 as much as possible with noise/crowd complaints so CB4 and SLA have a documented complaint history to take into account when license of offending establishments come up for renewal. If you can’t get through to 311 (sometimes a long, long wait), at least file a complaint with CB4. Community Boards and local block associations can make a difference. It’s happening in CB3/East Village.
Dale Goodson