The White House is accelerating its efforts to get 70 percent of U.S. adults vaccinated against COVID-19 with at least one shot by July 4, announcing on Wednesday a plan for a “national month of action” to meet the goal.
President Joe Biden will launch the effort by outlining ways to increase vaccination rates, the White House said.
The measures include:
* Free child care from four major child care providers for parents and caregivers who are getting vaccinated or recovering from the shots.
* Extended Friday night hours at thousands of pharmacies across the country where people can get vaccinated.
* Calls and canvassing in neighborhoods with low vaccination rates.
* A vaccination tour led by Vice President Kamala Harris to encourage people to get the shot.
* An initiative to work with barbershops and beauty salons with Black owners and clientele to encourage vaccination.