To celebrate the premiere of “The Pack,” Amazon Prime Video created the ultimate weekend for dogs and their owners in New York City.
Starting on Friday, Nov. 20, local New York City businesses will offer giveaways, discounted or free services, surprise pup-grades, and gifts with purchase throughout Packed Weekend. Dog owners are invited to bring their pets to experience pampering, exciting activities, and a way to help support local businesses. The weekend will run through Sunday, Nov. 22.
Throughout the weekend, local businesses will have promotions, giveaways and more for dogs and their pet parents to enjoy, as well as discounted veterinary services at The Neighborhood Vet and Bond Vet. New York Therapy Animals will be hosting a virtual meet-and-greet for families and their furry friends to meet their therapy animals and participate in interactive activities.
On Nov. 21, Amazon Prime Video will screen the first four episodes of “The Pack” at The Big Screen at the Hudson Yards for an outdoor, dog-friendly viewing party. The fun continues all weekend long with the Pack Walk Challenge. Those who wish to participate can use the MapMyFitness or MyFitnessPal apps from Under Armour to participate in “20 Workouts in 30 Days” or “30 Miles in 30 Days” (depending on which app you use) to help achieve the largest pack walk ever.
During the Pack Walk Challenge, pet parents are encouraged to donate to The American Heart Association’s Healthy Bond for Life, Environmental Defense Fund, and Best Friends Animal Society right in the app. Prime Video will generously match consumer donations up to $100,000 (split evenly among the charities) for a 24-hour window beginning Nov. 21. After completing the Challenge, eligible participants will have the chance to win a prize package, including roundtrip travel for four to anywhere Alaska Airlines flies. Fans everywhere can get pumped up with a playlist curated exclusively for the Pack Walk Challenge from Amazon Music.
Local events will be conducted in compliance with local COVID-19 safety guidelines and regulations. The following brands have signed on to take part in Packed Weekend:
- The Shops at Columbus Circle – Visit the Guest Services Desk on the Ground Floor of The Shops at Columbus Circle for a special treat, while supplies last!
- The Shops and Restaurants at Hudson Yards – Come by to receive giveaways on L2 and find more deals from your favorite pet retailers while supplies last.
- New York Therapy Animals – Join in virtually with your furry friends on Nov. 22 for a special afternoon to meet our therapy dogs, featuring interactive activities, giveaways, Q&A, and more!
- The Ruff Life Mobile Groomer– Come by for a free bath, nail trimming, or color chalking for your dog! First come first serve, while supplies last.
- Camp Bow Wow – Offering pet parents the chance to win a free year of doggy day care and boarding services at one of their 180+ locations in North America.
- Saks Fifth Avenue – Visit the virtual doggie boutique so pups everywhere can enjoy the luxe life.
- Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star – Will offer free gift wrapping in eight Amazon 4-star stores plus two Amazon Books stores as well as distribute dog bandanas over Packed Weekend while supplies last.
- JustFoodForDogs – Union Square – Stop by any JustFoodForDogs Kitchen to receive a free box of PantryFresh, fresh whole-food meals perfect for adventuring with your pup! New customers only, while supplies last.
- La Contenta Oeste – A free beef slider will be offered to any customer who brings their dog to dine with us (outside seating only).
- The Neighborhood Vet – The first 50 customers receive $25 microchips & $10 rabies vaccination on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Bean – All weekend will offer a 2-for-1 special on “The Pack Peanut Butter Smoothie,” a yummy dairy & gluten free treat for both you and your dog while supplies last.
- Vinny’s Pet Shop – All weekend will offer a 10% discount on patron’s entire order.
- Beasty Feast – All weekend will offer 15% off any retail store order (food + supplies) + 10% off any dog grooming app made that weekend.
- Bushwick Bark – At both locations, receive free Woof Sticks for anyone who mentions The Pack while supplies last.
- Bond Vet – 4 participating vet clinic locations offering the deal- Use code PACKED at booking for $50 off your first visit.
- Pioneer Supermarket – Stop by the store and mention The Pack to receive a special gift!
- Shake Shack inside Hudson Yards – Receive free fries with any $10 purchase and treat your pup to a Pooch-ini or Bag’O Bones at Shake Shack Hudson Yards.
- H&M inside Hudson Yards – 20% off one full price item of choice.
- PIQ inside Hudson Yards – Receive 20% off dog accessories (excludes Marc Tetro merchandise).
- The Conservatory inside Hudson Yards – Receive a complimentary hot chocolate with any Furry Friends purchase while supplies last.
- Lazy Sundaes – Bring your dog in and receive $5 off an order of $15 or more!
For more information, visit PackedWeekend.com.