Bullets flew at a Queens banquet hall early on Monday morning, leaving two men seriously injured, police reported.
Law enforcement sources said the shooting happened at about 5 a.m. on Nov. 14 at the Starz Banquet Hall located at 231-36 Merrick Blvd. in Laurelton.
The circumstances leading up to the shooting remain unknown and under investigation, police sources said.
Officers from the 105th Precinct, in responding to calls about the gunfire, found a 25-year-old man shot in the right side of his face and a 34-year-old man who took a bullet to his left shoulder.
EMS victims rushed the 25-year-old man to Jamaica Hospital, and the 34-year-old man to Mount Sinai South Nassau Hospital. Both victims are expected to make recoveries, police sources said.
Well after sunrise Monday, police were still combing the area in and around the banquet hall looking for shell cases and other evidence.
Detectives continue to seek the shooter, who was described only as a man in a green shirt who fled on foot. So far, no arrests have been made in the case.
Anyone with information regarding the double shooting can call Crime Stoppers at 800-577-TIPS (for Spanish, dial 888-57-PISTA). You can also submit tips online at crimestoppers.nypdonline.org, or on Twitter @NYPDTips. All calls and messages are kept confidential.