News Far Rockaway house fire that left 2 women dead caused by power strip, FDNY says “Extreme clutter” also contributed to the blaze, officials said. Two women died in a house fire on Wheatley Street in Far Rockaway on Monday. Photo Credit: Howard Schnapp By Nicole Brown firstname.lastname@example.org @ncb417 Updated April 18, 2018 10:50 AM Print Share fbShare Tweet Email A fire that killed an elderly woman and her daughter in a Queens home Monday was caused by a fully loaded power strip and “extreme clutter,” according to the FDNY. The fatal blaze started on the first floor of the two-story house on Wheatley Street, near Brunswick Avenue in Far Rockaway shortly after 4 a.m. on Monday, an FDNY spokesman said. The women, Jessie Danzy, and her daughter, Andrea Afam, were taken to St. John’s Episcopal Hospital in critical condition, but they later died, police said. The fire was placed under control just after 6 a.m., the FDNY said. One firefighter suffered a minor injury, a spokesman said. By Nicole Brown email@example.com @ncb417 Nicole Brown is the Internet News Manager at amNY.com, covering local news since 2016. She has written for MSNBC.com and was editor-in-chief of NYU’s Washington Square News. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Comments We're revamping our Comments section. Learn more and share your input.