Open up your wallet — Record Store Day is just around the corner and there are some great releases coming your way.
On Saturday, April 13, shops around the city are throwing parties, hosting DJs and bands and putting out new inventory only available in-store that day.
We’ve rounded up events and some Record Store Day releases for your perusal. Check back soon for more.
Mike Peters (The Alarm) and Drew Stone Hit Squad
Generation Records, 210 Thompson St., Manhattan 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Mike Peters from The Alarm, which is releasing “Stength Live ’85” as two LPs, and the Drew Stone Hit Squad will perform between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. for Record Store Day. Entry is free.
Rock and Soul DJ Equipment & Records, 10 W. 37th St., Manhattan, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Prizes, refreshments and live music
Iris Records, 114 Brunswick St., Jersey City, starting at noon
Enjoy refreshments, prizes and live music from Janet LaBelle and Tom Barrett (who will perform at 5 p.m.) while you shop at Iris Records.
DJ and sound system performances
VP Records, 170-21 Jamaica Ave., Queens, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Performances are set with Earth Ruler, Digital English, Blunt Posse, Dub Electronics, Super Force and Pretty Posse, and the record will dig into its 40-year catalog and release “Roots from the Yard” (seven-record box set) with tracks by Barrington Levy, Bim Sherman, The Mighty Fantells, Junior Delgado, Freddie McKay, Earth & Stone and Linval Thompson, and more.
Some Record Store Day exclusive releases
- B-52s “Mesopotamia” (LP);
- Bad Religion “My Sanity b/w Chaos from Within” (7-inch vinyl) and “My Sanity” (3-inch vinyl);
- “Twin Peaks Season Two: Music and More” (two LPs);
- Erykah Badu & James Poyser “Tempted” (7-inch vinyl);
- David Bowie “Pin Ups” 2015 remastered version (12-inch vinyl); “Revolutionary Songs/Just a Gigolo” with Marlene Dietrich (7-inch colored vinyl); “The World of David Bowie” (LP);
- Jeff Buckley “In Transition” (LP);
- Captain Beefheart “Trout Mask Replica” (two LPs);
- Eric Clapton “One More Car One More Rider” (three LPs);
- Alice Cooper “Dirty Diamonds” (LP);
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young “4 Way Street” expanded edition (three LPs);
- The Doors “London Fog” (10-inch vinyl);
- Dr. Dre “Nuthin’ But A ‘G’ Thang” (12-inch vinyl single);
- Bob Dylan “Blood on the Tracks” original New York test pressing (LP);
- Foo Fighters “Big Me” (3-inch vinyl);
- Aretha Franklin “The Atlantic Singles 1967” (7-inch vinyl box set);
- Grateful Dead “Sage & Spirit” (LP); “The Warfield: San Fransisco Oct. 9-10, 1980” (two LPs and 2 CDs);
- Green Day “Woodstock 1994” (LP);
- Jethro Tull “North Sea Oil” (10-inch vinyl);
- Elton John “Live From Moscow” (two LPs);
- DJ Khaled “Victory” (two LPs);
- The Kooks “Live at the Moth Club” (LP);
- John Lennon “Imagine” raw studio mixes (two LPs);
- Mastodon “Stairway to Nick John” (10-inch vinyl);
- Brian May “New Horizons” (12-inch vinyl);
- Pearl Jam (this year’s Record Store Day ambassador) “Live at Easy Street” (LP);
- Pink Floyd “A Saucerful of Secrets” mono (LP);
- Robert Plant “Fate of Nations” (LP);
- Queen “Bohemian Rhapsody Picture Disc” (two 12-inch picture discs); “Bohemian Rhapsody/I’m in Love with My Car” (7-inch vinyl);
- The Ramones “Live at the Palladium” (two LPs);
- U2 “The Europa” (12-inch vinyl);
- Jack White “Love Interruption” (3-inch vinyl);
- The White Stripes “Candy Cane Child” (3-inch vinyl);
… and a lot more here.